Software Engineer, Image Recognition
KERV Interactive is currently looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team in Austin, TX.
As a Software Engineer at KERV, you will be leading the charge to rapidly innovate our software stack. This engineer will become the resident expert on our image recognition pipeline, with a particular focus on training neural nets, implementing modules and APIs. This includes computer vision models implemented in Python, API integrations with internal and external applications, along with the AWS infrastructure that supports it all. Previous experience working with neural networks, SaaS products, video, or advertising technologies are all a huge plus. This position requires excellent communication skills to effectively work with management and team members.
Technologies We Use:
- Write excellent code that is simple to test, understand and maintain
- Solve real problems through software and provide stable solutions consistently
- Recommend architectural decisions based on business requirements, considering long-term and short-term needs
- Participate in code reviews
- Develop a culture of quality within the engineering team
- Participate in sprint planning, ensuring that realistic plans are set forth and delivered
- Shift between establishing new features and maintaining existing production features based on the needs of the business
- Recommend adoption of tools and process to improve our culture and results
- 4+ years of professional experience with a variety applications
- Professional experience with at least one machine learning project, preferably involving computer vision
- Working knowledge of video, such as transcoding, streaming or video playback
- Experience developing systems that scale to handle high volumes of traffic
- Strong academic background in software engineering, or equivalent experience
- Professional examples of software architecture expertise
Nice to Have:
- Background in math and 2D or 3D graphics programming
- Digital advertising experience, specifically with video advertising technologies
- Experience developing an enterprise or SaaS product
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Experience with the C# language and/or Windows native applications
- Experience with data processing, ETLs and data warehousing
What we look for:
- Driven by desire to create beautiful, stable software products
- Ability to research and solve complex problems
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual
- Must be an effective communicator
About KERV Interactive:
KERV’s interactive video platform and AI/ML driven technology generates the most precise metadata that is used to create the most powerful user experiences for both brands and audiences through transformative and seamless commerce. KERV’s patented technology drives deeper user engagement, enhances performance and increases time‑spent with your brand.
Complete the form below and someone from our team will be in touch shortly!
Error: Contact form not found.